Tuesday, October 21, 2008
My View of the Ceiling
I had an interesting view... of the ceiling. I was in such a hurry that I didn't notice my perfect opportunity for insight. Funny how we hurry so much that we miss things so huge.
I was hot, a million degrees hot. I felt weird. Not dizzy, not light headed, but weird. I thought I am going to pass out. But I REFUSED! I took off my lab coat. I thought, okay. I am good now. But it was hot. It was surface of the sun. Then it all faded away. But only for a moment. And pain, oh yeah. Pain. People pushing me down. I thought.... what the?....
So, I laid back and put an ice pack on my rather large hematoma and heard about how my head bounced off the counter top and then the floor. Wow. How embarrassing. Here I am surrounded by health care professionals, none of whom I knew. I thought, what happened? Why? What? But I didn't say it. I didn't want to have repetative questioning...haha. I don't want to see the inside of the ED, at least not as a patient. So I was quiet. I sat up and took the tylenol they offered. I got up and sat in a chair and sat there. Wow. Pain. A whole new feeling of compassion for my patients.
So, 45 minutes later I was brave enough to try out my legs... It was a little bit weird. So, I was super careful. And I carried on. Stayed the rest of the day and did what I should have been doing. I learned a lot. There are a lot of sick people walking around out there. I heard a lot of jokes about staying upright. Lots of comedians out there.
But the recurring thought (repetitive questioning....lol.) was: what happened? Why? How? What? WHAT?
And it came to me. I am only human. I can only do what one person can do. For the last several months I have been taking the verse in Corinthians 9 out of context. Making my body my slave, and not taking care of it. But God has given us our bodies and has asked us to be good stewards of everything that He has entrusted to us. So, once again I have failed. I made my priorities wrong. I have put a clean house in front of family time in the Bible. I have put a thouroghly raked yard in front of teaching my children about the love of God.
God has promised us blessings when we tithe, and I believe that has not only to do with money but also with time. I was listening to the radio the other day and I was challenged to tithe only from my waking hours. Interesting that I have never thought about that before. I have heard it sitting in the pew in church several times, but for whatever reason, God thumped me on the head and I was actually ready to listen the other day. (And I have the bump on the back of my head to prove it!) lol. So. My goal is to learn to make God my daily priority and trust Him that everything else will fall into place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment