28 October 2009

Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Ice Maker
Okay, so I moved my refrigerator into the pantry because my kitchen is microscopic and the pantry really rivals it for size right? But I couldn't move the copper tubing for the ice maker. SO, being the very industrious, girl that I am, I go to Lowe's and get the ice maker hose kit. AWESEOME! Two months later I decided that it had sat in the drawer long enough, so I dug it out this morning. I ventured down into the creepy cellar stab a hole in the same copper pipe that the old ice maker tubing is coming from and turn on the water..... Cool... Looks like it is working. UNTIL I BURN MYSELF!!! It is friking hot water! Okay. So moron.... it worked before, with copper tubing.... will it work with the cheap imitation plastic hose? Well, I don't know, but we will try it anyway. Never mind that it says right on the directions..... NOT FOR USE WITH HOT WATER.... So I thread the hose through the floor and go upstairs to cram myself behind the fridge under the lowest shelf in the pantry.... only to realize that I am on the wrong side. Okay, no big deal. I throw the hose across to the correct side and climb out one-goose-egg-to-head later.
I go to the other side - so I lied... NOW I cram myself under the lowest shelf in the pantry and inch worm myself to the back of the frige. Miraculously remembering to bring my trusty flash light. I get everything put together and scramble out run outside and down stairs, and turn on the water. YAY! I'm done.... Er... is water supposed to flood the pantry floor? Okay, so I am retarded, the hose somehow came off the back of the frige. Two-goose-eggs-to-head later I RUN back down stairs and turn the water off again....
How do I fix this one? *scratch head* *ouch!* Well, read the directions again... Hmmm... Okay, well something must have been wrong, but I think that is how I did it the first time. Inch worm BACK under the lowest shelf in the house to the back of the frige again. Second time's a charm right? YEEAAAHHH... well.... Okay, this time it just sprayed water a little bit, so I trimmed the hose to make sure that it was even and tried it again. SCORE! It worked... I looked for leaks and it looked good. But there was water beading up on the hose... weird. I took a closer look. Seems that my helper (soon to be aka Tid Bits the cat rug) liked the feel of the plastic hose on his razor sharp teeth. &*%$^$&*%$! SO, I trim the hose again, there is enough to reach, but if I ever have to move the frige, we will rival Noah's flood for the mess it will make. Eight or nine trips back out side and down stairs and upstairs and back inside later... I lost track... AT LAST I have it working... or so I think. I turn on the ice maker and sit and listen. Nothing. I crawl back under the shelf and look to make sure everything looks okay. It looks like there are a couple of air bubbles in the line, and they are not moving. I clamber back out and go back down stairs. Maybe I don't have the water turned on far enough? So I crank it. I don't even hear anything.... That is until I am drenched with spraying water. The hose has now come out of its connection to the main water pipe that I stabbed back in the beginning. Alright.
That's it.
Sonic, here I come.
One bag of ice please.
I hope the cellar isn't flooded! LOL.

1 comment:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!!

    I love sonic ice! It's so much better than city water ice cube ice n e way!

    ReplyDelete

Followers